Sessions will help you:
- eliminate ‘breaks’ in your voice
- sing healthy and powerfully
- sing high notes with ease and less tension
- build and strengthen your ‘mix’ voice
- have an even voice from bottom to top
- learn vocal fatigue prevention strategies
- learn and apply injury prevention and vocal rehabilitation techniques
- improve your tone
- expand your vocal range
- audition and performance prep strategies
- vocal styling training for any style of music: pop, rock, R&B, Broadway, classical, jazz
Each session is customized with the right tools and coaching to remedy your specific vocal issues. I have taken what I have learned from the study of 17th and 18th century principles of vocal pedagogy – Bel Canto which means “beautiful singing” – modernized it for what is required of singers in our world today, and the results are fantastic! Every style of singing is so different and understanding how to navigate through those different nuances as a singer can be challenging. Having the right ‘home-base’ tools will help support you so that you are able to sing powerfully and prevent vocal injury AND still sing in the genre of your choice. I can also give you some advice on what repertoire would be suitable for your voice and what your range and vocal possibilities could be.
The philosophy of the technique that I teach is to train voices to sing in a free and natural manner, smoothly, from the bottom of the range to the top with no breaks or sudden changes in quality. Training in this technique gives the singer access to all dynamics, with tonal clarity and flexibility. Also, training in this technique helps improve a singer’s range, endurance, stamina, breath control, resonance, vocal strength and vocal quality across all styles of music without fatigue or damage to the voice. These results are accomplished by training the singer to find a balance between airflow and intrinsic muscular resistance, all within a resting laryngeal posture. In other words, singing should be effortless and powerful, but without strain. Your singing should be natural and free with an expressive quality and there shouldn’t be a break in your voice. There should be an evenness to your tone from bottom to top. So the technique you would learn will help you to achieve vocal balance from the bottom of your range to the top and even expand your range.
I was trained and certified in Seth Rigg’s well known technique Speech Level Singing TM (SLS). SLS is a highly effective singing technique designed to make the most of any singer’s vocal potential. It has been tried and tested by some of the world’s greatest artists: Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Kelly Clarkson and over 120 other Grammy-award winning singers.
Book your First Voice Consultation:
A customized vocal assessment and vocal training plan. Introduction to the vocal technique that I teach. Working through your vocal bridges. Finding your “mix” voice. Establishment of vocal goals as well as performance coaching. Repertoire selection and application of technique to songs.
Follow-Up Sessions: Keep building your voice and training. Check your practice progress, further vocal development, additional tools and training. Resources and guidance on vocal progress as well as performance coaching. Lesson packages available for purchase. If you’d like a regular weekly spot that is also an option.
Vocal Rebalancing Sessions are intermittent drop-in sessions for clients who are:
- currently on touring or gigging or performing frequently
- have experienced vocal fatigue or any vocal health issues
- need to ‘tweak’ their vocal technique for their performances
- are preparing for a musical theatre role or in a long run of a show
- are preparing for recording studio
- (contact me directly to book this service)